Time is ticking away all too fast!
Haley had still not been feeling well since her episode last Thursday morning. She's just had no appetite, no energy, nausea, and an overall feeling of something not being right. That's not exactly a good place to be right now! Yesterday I slipped away to the office after being out a few days, and not too long after I was there, she texted me with a plea of "Mom, what is wrong with me? I just don't feel right." I'll be honest. My panic button was hit, and the severity of the situation really sunk in. I had already called the doctor's office before that, but the nurse hadn't called me back yet, so I called them again and explained the situation to that receptionist while holding back the tears. They were still trying to find her chart! After being on hold for a while, I was finally able to set an appointment with a new doctor since ours is out all this week. I also sent out a couple pleas for prayer and am so thankful to all those who responded on our behalf so quickly!
Basically we had a consultation and found out that Haley was anemic and starting to get dehydrated. She advised us to take her off the medication for five days that she's been on to prevent future ovarian cysts and see if the nauseous feeling goes away. If so, she can resume that medication again, but Haley's not so sure it's worth it. The doctor said she wished she could hold Haley's hand while she's in Africa and help walk her through every question and decision that comes up but told her that this would be part of the growing-up experience, and she'll have to make these decisions on her own. My motherly instinct right there told me we'd better go get a couple more calling cards -- just in case. We can't be there to hold her hand, but the least I can do is give her the peace of mind of being able to call her mama when she needs to!
With all the immunizations she's been getting and her hormones being jerked around, the doctor said it's no wonder her body is reacting a little weird to everything. My motherly intuition thinks there might be a slight case of nerves thrown into the mix too, and it doesn't help that we're looking at a huge shopping/packing list that must get conquered!
When we came home, she immediately went to the couch, and I promptly gathered up a plate of ibuprofen, a multipurpose vitamin, an iron supplement, some whole-wheat crackers spread with peanut butter, and some grapes and gave her a big glass of ice water and told her I wasn't leaving until all of that was consumed. I hadn't been able to get her to eat or drink hardly anything the last few days because she's just been so nauseous. We joked around a little as she was eating, and she even asked for a few more crackers! Her aunt Steph and two girls showed up at the house at just the right time, and by the time they left, Haley was up and around and laughing, and her overall spirit was much better. I was so delighted to see such quick progress! Harris had been gone since Thursday night to help his dad again, so when he called and said he'd be home for supper at 7, she was so excited that she even helped me whip up a meal which included some fresh greens out of the garden -- and she ate them!!! She loves her daddy so much, and his presence was probably some of the best medicine she could have had last night.
Oftentimes she's been feeling a little better in the evenings as opposed to during the day, but we're really hoping and praying for the best today all day. The two of us are planning on spending the day together by doing some shopping. I think both of us will feel better if all her supplies are purchased and she can start the packing process. If you're reading this and would be willing to say a prayer for us today and for her continued progress, that would be so awesome! Thank you so very much for all your support!!
"And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jacki, I prayed as soon as I received your email last night, and continue to do so. This new doctor sounds like a keeper! Glad to hear she was doing better; praying for a good day today.
ReplyDelete