Friday, July 2, 2010

Prayers for Safety, Please!

Yesterday I was finally on my way to the office when Kelsey called and said, "Mom, Haley's on Facebook!" Since I wasn't too far from home, I quickly pulled over so that I could decide whether to keep on driving or head back home with the hopes of having a conversation, but in that short little blip of time, Haley managed to post a couple quick things, and then Kelsey said she was off again. It all felt like such a tease! But I comforted myself with the fact that, yes, she's alive and well, and if that's all we can get, then we'll just have to be grateful for that. She showed us her sense of humor and commented that God does answer prayer; He had provided pancakes one morning for breakfast!! Pancakes are one of her favorite foods, so she knew we'd love to hear it. She did say to keep the messages coming, so it was encouraging to know that the daily messages I've been sending her about life back at home must be getting through to her.

As encouraging as all that was, I was equally disturbed by a comment another mom made on the South Africa Facebook page. Her daughter had called home (a rare cell phone maybe?) and informed her that where they are ministering, the gospel has not been presented very much, and there is a lot of black magic, witch doctors, and spiritual oppression. Beth had told us back in December already that she had seen evidences of miracles AND demonic activity when she was in Uganda last summer, so those things have lurked in the back of my mind for months. Hearing this news yesterday has been weighing on my heart, and I'm asking you to pray with me for a hedge of protection to surround this team. God gave me this verse this morning, and I am clinging to it: "The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe." Proverbs 18:10

Not only is my daughter in Africa and surrounded by such things, but Harris, Heath, Vance, and Karson left last night for a four-wheeling trip in the mountains in Tennessee with a bunch of other Primericans. They need a huge amount of prayer for safety and protection too! The rest of us girls and Keaton are headed to Pella for a weekend full of family fun, 4th of July activities, and Keaton's birthday! He could have gone with the guys like he did two years ago, but he faced a very tough decision and opted to go with us.

Thank you, Lord, for the freedom we have to enjoy so many fun things!

No comments:

Post a Comment